GEELONG PODIATRISTS ADVICE FOR LOOKING AFTER YOUR FEET DURING LOCKDOWN.August 17, 2020
GEELONG PODIATRISTS ADVICE FOR LOOKING AFTER YOUR FEET DURING LOCKDOWN.
While you are spending more time at home, devoting a few minutes a day on your foot care and choosing the right shoes to wear can keep you comfortable and free from pain. Here are a few things you can do to keep your feet healthy during lockdown.
- Wash your feet each day with soap and warm water and don’t forget between your toes. If you can’t reach your feet in the shower without over balancing, sit on the edge of the bath or use a foot basin. After washing, be sure to dry your feet thoroughly especially between your toes.
- Moisturize your heels after washing. Never put moisturizing cream between your toes.
- Change your socks each day to prevent fungal infections.
- Wear supportive footwear around the house. While in lockdown, it is easy to opt for slippers or flip flops which aren’t supportive for your feet.
- Stay active and go for a walk each day. Not only is walking beneficial for the circulation to your feet, it is great for your mental health during this time.