Geelong children's podiatrist
Children’s foot problems need to be taken seriously. If your child is in pain for more than a few days, or it is severe enough to affect the way they walk, we recommend you see a podiatrist for assessment, advice and treatment.
As they grow, children can encounter a range of issues which can cause pain or discomfort. Our podiatrists aim to treat issues early in life, preventing a condition in adulthood.
Children’s conditions we treat include:
- flat or pronated feet
- high arched or supinated feet
- toe walking, in-toeing, out-toeing or pigeon-toed
- growing pains
- bow legs
- warts, bunions, callouses or corns
- heel pain (Sever’s disease)
- knee pain (Osgood-Schlatter disease)
- knock knees
- sports injuries – we treat children as well as adults.
As a general rule, the younger the child, the easier and shorter the treatment. We highly recommend you don’t wait for your child to grow out of foot problems because many do not.