Podiatry services FAQ
Do I need a referral?
No referral is necessary to access podiatry assessment and care, so simply call our friendly receptionists to make an appointment. Our modern clinic rooms provide you with all the necessities for comprehensive foot assessment and care.
What payment methods do you accept?
Our podiatry clinic accepts cash, cheque, Eftpos, Visa and Mastercard. Payment is required at the time of consultation. Our Hicaps facility allows you to make a claim on your private health fund on the day of your consultation, so the out of pocket expense is only the gap. We accept Veteran Affairs gold card holders with a required referral form their general practitioner. We are happy to be a part of any allied health care plans that your doctor may request.
What should I bring with me on my first visit?
Please bring the following with you:
- Relevant medical imaging for your condition.
- Any previous orthoses or insoles.
- A selection of your footwear, including runners, work shoes and everyday shoes so we can offer footwear advice.
What can I expect on my first visit?
On your initial consultation a thorough and comprehensive assessment will be conducted with one of our specialised podiatrists. This generally includes:
- Looking at your medical history.
- Assessing your complaint.
- A full gait analysis if applicable.
- Arriving at a diagnosis.
- Creating a treatment plan.