OUR GEELONG PODIATRISTS TALK ABOUT FOOT PAIN.February 26, 2020
Are you experiencing pain in your feet or lower limbs? Sometimes foot pain can have causes that aren’t due to underlying disease. Injury, overuse or conditions causing inflammation involving any of the bones, ligaments or tendons in the foot can cause foot pain. There are many causes of inflammatory pain which can include;
- Plantar heel pain and/or plantar fasciitis.
- Injury such as sprains, breaks and fractures.
- Tendonitis – inflammation of the tendon structures that attach to the bones of your feet eg, Achilles tendonitis.
- Arthritis – inflammation of the joints and joint capsule.
- Shin pain.
- Calcaneal Apophysitis in children (pain in the heel particularly in active children).
If you are experiencing any foot pain, a good step toward your recovery is to see our Geelong podiatrists. Our podiatrists will assess, diagnose and provide you with a personalised treatment plan. Wearing correct, well-fitting footwear will also assist with your foot pain.
Remember, no single treatment works for foot pain and that is why it is important to consult with our Geelong podiatrists to have a treatment plan tailored specifically to your needs. Call us now 52430130 to make an appointment.