MITIGATING INFECTION RISK FOR COVID-19 AT PODIATRY@BELMONT
All standard infection control measures as outlined by Australian Podiatry Association current infection control guidelines should be followed. Additional measures include:
- A screening process to assess patients prior to attendance and prior to provision of home visits. (detailed below).
- If you are unwell, have a runny nose, sore throat or fever, please reschedule your appointment by contacting us on 5243 0130.
- The provision of alcohol-based hand rub (60 – 80% alcohol v/v ethanol or equivalent) at the waiting room entrance so patients (and staff) can decontaminate their hands as they enter.
- All patients are requested to sign in with the QR code available throughout the waiting room.
- Education of all staff on the importance of hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette. Podiatrists to complete Department of Health Infection Control Module “How to protect yourself and the people you are caring for from infection with COVID-19″.
- All podiatry practitioners and reception staff will wear a surgical mask and change masks at regular intervals. Patients are required to wear masks at all times.
- Displaying posters and signage on COVID-19 symptoms and hand hygiene / respiratory hygiene around the practice.
- Reception area surfaces and waiting room chairs to be wiped down in between clients. Reception staff to wear gloves when wiping down surfaces.
- Clients arriving to appointments are asked to arrive closest to appointment times as possible and to wait in the car and ring reception when they arrive, to minimise time spent in the waiting room.
- Any staff with a fever, sore throat and cough should not attend the clinic and seek a COVID-19 test.
- A sneeze screen has been installed at reception and markers have been placed on the floor 1.5 metres from reception desk for patients to remain behind.
- All deliveries are left at the reception door and drivers are requested not to enter the building.
- All health practitioners and reception staff have received full COVID-19 vaccination.
PODIATRY@BELMONT SCREENING PROCESS
Reception staff are to ask patients (when confirming appointments or making an appointment) whether they are unwell, awaiting a test result for COVID-19 or have attended any exposure sites within the exposure time frame.
If the patient meets the above criteria:
Reschedule the appointment until feeling well or have results of testing.
Further information can be found on the Victorian Department of Health website.