GEELONG PODIATRISTS – WINTER FEETJune 13, 2019
GEELONG PODIATRISTS – WINTER FEET
The cold weather has arrived and your feet need to be cared for during the cooler months. Our Geelong Podiatrists provide some simple steps to look after your feet during winter:
- Protect your feet from the cold with clean well-fitting natural fibre socks (cotton, wool or bamboo).
- Wear well-fitting footwear both inside and outside during winter.
- Avoid exposure to direct heat (placing feet in front of a heater) as chill blains may form.
- Keep your feet moisturised. Even though the warm days have disappeared, your skin can still dry out during the winter months.
- Always check inside your shoes before putting them on. Anything can be hiding in them, escaping the cold.
- Remember to wash your feet daily with soap and warm water and dry your feet thoroughly, especially between your toes.
- If you notice any corns or callous, make an appointment with our Geelong Podiatrists for correct treatment and advice.